Senior Behavioral Health, located on the 4th floor of Lutheran Medical Center, is an inpatient geriatric psychiatry program designed to address the often complex mental health and medical needs of older patients. We provide short term acute psychiatric stabilization.
If you or a loved one are experiencing any of the following symptoms, our program may be able to help.
- Depression, crying spells or isolation
- Loss of interest in activities and others
- Insomnia and/or mania
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts or actions
- Bizarre or changed behavior
- Disorientation or memory impairment
- Assaultive or destructive behavior
- Emotional difficulty due to persistent medical conditions
Patients receive a complete psychiatric evaluation and medical exam to determine diagnostic and psychiatric treatment options. Each patient is assigned a psychiatrist who leads an interdisciplinary team in providing comprehensive treatment and thorough discharge planning. The typical length of stay is 12-14 days.
How Healing Begins
Most SBH patients will be admitted directly from a hospital emergency department. These transfers are coordinated by our team at West Pines. We also welcome referrals from private physicians, long-term care facilities, law enforcement professionals, and clinicians in the community. Call 303-467-4080 to make a referral or for more information about the program.